Me in the corner.
Saturday, April 27, 2002
As of yet, I've still had no luck finding a version of Superman by The Clique. I've got to admit, I'm quite taken by the 31.7 second clip from Amazon, and am desperate to hear the whole thing. It's sort of almost an obsession at this point just to hear the song even once. There was that really crappy version of the song that was used in the Lotus Notes commercial a few years ago. Some of the more naive REM "fans" bemoaned that REM had sold out when that song was on the commercial. First of all, they didn't own the rights to the song and even if they did, who the hell cares. I hate people who get upset when their favorite band gets popular and successful or gets a good record deal. Yes, I'm sure any band would much prefer playing The Roxy to RFK.

Speaking of concerts, it was exactly one year ago tonight that I saw U2 at The Pondin Anaheim. The concert ended at like 1 am, and then I had to catch a 5:30 am flight to visit my friend in Washington. I hada layover in Memphis, TN. During the 45 minutes I was at that airport, I must have seen like 10 people without teeth. No offense to any of my friends who live there, but I hate Tennessee. As far as I'm concerned, there should only be 49 states. Tennessee (along with San Bernardino County) should be kicked out of the Union. Of course, Katie is from San Bernardino County, but she's from Big Bear, which is an acceptable place to be from. Not that I have a right to talk, since I was born in 29-Palms, but I only lived there for a few months before moving to Fresno. Oh wait...that's not much better.

Of course, I didn't stay in Fresno for too long. From there we moved to Camp Lejeune, NC. In case you can't tell, my dad was in the Marines. From there we moved to Washington, and then we moved to Kailua, Hawaii. That was pretty cool, although I was only like 4 when we moved there, and 7 years old when we left. I did go to kindergarten there, though. Kindergarten was fun, except I had an arch-enemy named Louis-Boy. I swear, I hated that kid.

Ok...this post has been mostly nonsense. My roommate is gone for the weekend, which is good because I needed some "me time". Incidentally, if you ever feel like your life sucks, just check out this guy's weblog. It's seriously the most depressing thing I've ever seen.

Ok, I think I'll go to sleep now. I've got to find something to do tomorrow, because I don't really wanna have a repeat of last Saturday night, which sucked.

In case you're wondering, I tried to post this last night but something went horribly wrong.
posted by Matt @ 9:29 AM


Days of yore

April 2002
May 2002
June 2002
July 2002
August 2002
September 2002
October 2002
November 2002
December 2002
January 2003
February 2003
March 2003
April 2003
May 2003
June 2003
July 2003
August 2003
September 2003
October 2003
November 2003
December 2003
January 2004
February 2004
March 2004
April 2004
May 2004
June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
October 2006
May 2007
July 2007
October 2007
September 2009
Go look at these

Favorite links

More rad links to come!
Credits

Content © Matt Stahl
Currently Reading

I Am America (And So Can You!)
by Stephen Colbert