Despite all of my best efforts, I am stuck here at home tonight with nothing to do. Phone call after phone call has met an impasse. I guess not every night can be fun and games. So here I sit, quite
bored. Oh well...if I'd gone out tonight, I probably wouldn't have had much energy. This week started out going by really fast. But then, all of the sudden, it came to a screeching halt. I'm not sure exactly what it was. Today was just incredibly stressful at
work, so naturally I didn't really want to just come home. But enough about that.
I just got off the phone with a friend of mine, Alisa. I think I pissed her off. I'll have to try to fix that later. So, Lisa, if you're reading this, I'm sorry. But you still look like
Pippi Longstocking.
Well, there was no stern phone call from the guy from the
Navy. Perhaps he gave up. That's a little disappointing. I feel kind of bad, because I know how irritating it is when I call somebody and they don't call me back. But, as I said I have no interest in the job and the only time I can call him is when I'm at work.
Today I drove home by way of Sepulveda. It wasn't as great of an idea as I thought it would be. It went pretty fast for most of it, except there was a hell of a lot of traffic going through the pass by the
Skirball Center, so it ended up taking about the same amount of time as it would have on the freeway.
So now it's 9:00. Normally at this time I watch
The West Wing, but it's a
repeat this week. That is one of my favorite shows, along with
24, which seriously kicks ass.
At the moment, I'm listening to some
stolen music. I used to be like majorly opposed to file sharing, based on principle. And I sort of still am...it bothers me if the group or artist is opposed to it. So, I guess I won't be downloading any
Metallica or
Dr. Dre. I'm guessing that sometime soon I'll have an attack of
conscience and delete all of it.
Well, yesterday I noticed that it is now only one month until
the second biggest disappointment ever. I've
forced myself to just accept that the movie is going to blow chunks. If the last one is any indication, it surely will.