I didn't
clean the bathroom last night like I planned. I just lack energy to do much of anything after my commute ends. Today I got home in less than an hour. I took the 405 to the Ventura Freeway, then took that to the 2. I'm thinking I could cut even more time off if I were to take Sepulveda instead of the 405. But we'll see what happens.
I got a message from some guy with the
Department of Defense. Actually it's like the third message from him. It's kind of hard for me to call back, since I'm at work all day. Each time he calls me though, he sounds a little more stern, as if I'm missing out on a great opportunity by not calling them back. The thing is, I gave my resume to some guy from the
Department of the Navy at a career fair at
UCLA last October, shortly before I was
laid off. And then they didn't call me for months. But now that I have a
job, they keep calling me. The thing is, I really have no desire to work for the government. At least not for DOD. The last time I tried to get a job with the government ended up being a great disappointment. Back in 1999, I applied for the
CIA, and they led me on like some cheap cocktease who promises more than she gives. They offered me a job and then flew me out to
DC and subjected me to a whole series of physical and psychological exams, including a completely faulty polygraph test, and then a few months later sent me a Dear John letter. The Dear John letter wouldn't have been so bad, had they not made be think I would get in by beginning the background investigation. Bastards.
Anyway...suffice it to say, I really have no desire to work for the DOD. I'm tempted to just let the man keep calling and see how much more stern his voice gets, but since I hate it when people don't call me back, I won't be so cruel.