I'm not sure what it is, exactly, but I've spent most of this afternoon/evening in a strange mood. It's funny...sometimes I'm perfectly content to sit at home with nothing to do. Like last night, I had no desire to go anywhere. Tonight, I wanted to, but I'm not sure I would have been much fun for anybody to hang out with mostly because of my odd mood. I wouldn't say it's a bad mood per se. More pensive than anything else.
The day started out pretty good, and I was in high spirits. I went and had lunch with Katie at
Tony Roma's in
Pasadena. My food sucked, but I wouldn't say that was when my mood changed. Lunch was fun. The waitress was also named Katie, and was really cute. But, as some of you will no doubt recall, I've had
bad experiences asking out waitresses. Anyway, Katie (not the waitress) gave me a thank you card for me and some other friends to thank us for planning a surprise party for her birthday last week. I, admittedly, had very little to do with it, but I'll take whatever kudos I can get. Anyway, when we left I forgot the card on the table and she made me go back in and get it, but the busboy had already cleared the table. But the poor guy was nice enough to dig through the trash for me, and he gave it back, now slightly covered in BBQ sauce, so I'll have to explain to everybody that it was not originally covered in BBQ sauce.
Not to be too mundane, but we went down to
Ralph's because Katie had to buy something. So, when we get back to
her car (except hers is a 2001) she asks me if I know how to make her headrest not lean forward like it was. She's been trying to figure it out for two years. So, I just reached over and moved it into in upright position. I seriously laughed at her for like 10 minutes. She'll probably kill me if she finds out I posted this story, but I like to live life on
the edge. I'm not even sure how funny that story is, but I'm still laughing about it.
Anyway, after that I went to Canterbury Records, in an effort to locate that album by
The Clique. They didn't have it, so I went to my post office box, which is inconveniently located in
Burbank, because I
used to work there. While I was there, I checked
Atomic Records. I would just order it from
Amazon, but I don't actually want to own the record just yet. I just want to hear
that song. Anyway, Atomic didn't have it either.
So, that brings us to now. I've been sitting around all evening in my somewhat foul mood, not certain exactly what the cause of it is. If I was a
stoner, a
neo-Nazi, or
an advocate of schoolyard shootings, then today would be cause for celebration. But, since I am a sensible person, it's just a regular day for me. Well, that's certainly a morbid way to end this post.