Ok, so I didn't post anything for a couple of days. I've been kind of busy, I guess. Maybe busy isn't the right word, per se. I was just out Sunday night and I went out last night. So, those of you who look forward to my daily musings, I apologize for the gap in my
pontification.
Sunday afternoon I watched
Braveheart 2. That movie isn't so bad, but it's pretty much the same plot, except that it's in America instead. I don't think there's ever been a truly great movie made about the Revolution. At least nothing on the quality levels of
Glory or
Saving Private Ryan or even
Three Kings (which just fucking rocks, even with
George Clooney, from TV's
Facts of Life).
Anyway, after watching The Patriot, I went to
church, and then went to
Ruby's, because they were donating 20% of their profit to the
Kosovo Project that night.
So, last night I got home from work and there was a message from Katie telling me that she had broken up with Pete, and she was trying to get people to go out and celebrate. That's a good thing, because Pete is an idiot. I don't think I've ever met somebody named Pete who I could stand to be around. Actually, scratch that. There's Peter McWilliams, from
Minnesota, whom I met in
Kosovo last year. That guy rocks. So, anyway, we went out in a modest sized group to
Hollywood and first we went to Dublin's, then to Bar Marmont. I had too much to drink, particularly since I had
given blood earlier that day. I'm pretty sure it's not a good idea to give a pint of blood and then go drinking, but oh well. Luckily Katie drove, not me.
So, needless to say, it was hard as hell to drag my ass out of bed this morning and go to
work, but I managed to do it, and had quite a productive day, despite my pounding headache. I received an e-mail from my supervisor today that was filled to the brim with kudos for my performance thus far. Hooray. Anyway, I was supposed to go have coffee with my friend Angie, from the Shoah Foundation, tonight. But seeing as I am completely exhausted, I'll have to take a rain check. What I'd really like is a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, so I'm going to go make that now.
Cheers.