So I added a comment option to my html template here, so my vast readership can comment on my mundane life. I told my friend Lawral Wornek about this site now too. She goes to
Bryn Mawr College in
Pennsylvania, which is also, coincidentally where Margaret went to college.
Some people might consider that to be ironic, but it really isn't.
I visited Bryn Mawr during my East Coast trip last year. I visited a friend who lives in
Arlington and works for the
CIA. During my trip there I also did a quick day trip up to Bryn Mawr. An added benefit was that when I returned to
where I worked at the time, it gave me an excuse to talk to Margaret. Prior to that, she showed little interest in anything I had to say.
One of the greatest things about working at the Shoah Foundation was the complete flexibility with vacation time. If you wanted to take a trip, all you really had to do was tell them when you would be gone and when you would be back, and there was no problems with tying up loose ends before you left or anything either. Now, however, I'll have to have my vacation time approved and it will have to be scheduled for when others will be there to pick up the slack. If I were to ever be a teacher, it would really only be for the benefit of the vacation time. My friend Katie, for example, is a kindergarten teacher and she's going to Tibet for two months this summer. I'm thinking that I might try to go to
Germany sometime in late September or early October. But then I also feel slightly obligated to visit my parents, who live in
Hawaii. I'd rather go to Germany, primarily because my parents will
no doubt come here quite often. (As a side note, I hate No Doubt.)
Well, it's 9:35 am, and I've been up since 7:30. Even though I didn't go to bed until around three, I just can't force myself to sleep in on weekends. Damn circadian rhythm.