So, I have decided to follow the example of my pal,
Shane, and start a blog. This is actually not my first real entry. The fact is, I started one last night, and wrote this really long, brilliant opus describing the colossal mishap that is my life. But, sure enough, when I went to post the damned thing it crashed, and the genius disappeared somewhere into the ethernet, never to be seen again. So, I'm going to try again, and this time I will remember to copy it before I attempt to post it.
Rather than trying to capture the glory of my former post, I have decided to simply begin again, as if that post never happened. I'm seriously wondering how long I'll keep this blog up. I mean, on the one hand, I might end up as one of those odd guys who has a strange internet cult following for some reason, with people from all over the world logging in to see how my life is going. Or it could end up like some
Julia Ormond fan page that was last updated on March 13, 1995.
Well, in the off chance that somebody I don't know stumbles across this blog, I guess I ought to give some sort of background on myself. Where to begin, though, I don't know. At the moment, I currently have a decent little job as a Housing Coordinator at the
ALC at
UCLA. I like my job, but my commute from my current home in the suburb of
Montrose is a miserable hour and a half or so. Montrose is a cruddy little town filled primarily with
Armenians and
old people. I pretty much hate living here, and would really like to move over to West Los Angeles.
Before I got this job, I spent five months living off of
unemployment, because I was laid off last October from my perfect little job at the
Survivors of the Shoah Visual History Foundation. I loved that job, and would have been quite happy there for quite some time, were it not for
this man. He was single-handedly responsible for casting me into five months of desperation, and I shall forever curse his name because of it.
But, no matter. My life is pretty cool at the moment. As I said, I like my job. I'm sort of casually dating a delightfully wonderful woman. And there's other things to be happy about, too. I'm just too tired to express them at this moment in time.
So, in my last attempt at an initial post, I gave a detailed account of my life up until now. Of every interesting thing I have ever seen and done. It was quite good, and I'm sure you would have liked it. But, as it stands now, I feel Ill have to save it until a later day. Like maybe tomorrow.