Well, here I am again. I woke up somewhat early this morning...about 7 am. I guess, technically, that is sleeping in since I have to wake up at 5:45 on the weekdays. Of course, I did go to sleep at about 3 last night, because I was out with Margaret pretty late.Yesterday, I slept until about 9 am, and then woke up and did my
taxes. I'm getting a refund, so that's pretty cool.
Uncle Sam owes me $278. Meanwhile,
Gray Davis is going to be giving me $178. The Feds taxed me on my
unemployment, but the
State of California was nice enough to deduct it from my gross income. So, that's not too bad, I guess.
I did the dishes this morning. It'd been a while since they'd been done, and since I'm the only one who really cleans things up here, it seemed like it was time. I also took out the trash for pretty much the same reason. I've been in the process of trying to get my room in order since like last November. I usually get about halfway through it and then give up. The problem is that I have so much stuff, and really no place to put it. One of the drawbacks of not having your own apartment. See, my parents recently moved from our home of 17 years in
Fallbrook, CA, and so everything that had collected in my room there had to go. I'm a bit of a pack rat, and threw away boxes and boxes of sentimental crap, and brought some of it up here. Since then, I've been slowly forcing myself to
throw things away. Yesterday, I threw out an old broken radio that hasn't worked right for about 2 years.
Seeing as it is now 2:00 in the afternoon, I think I'd better go do some more productive things. For example, I still have to enroll in my
benefits for my
new job, before my PIE runs out.