Me in the corner.
Tuesday, May 21, 2002
I have, once again, been criticized for my lack of frequent updates to this blog...and the number of people who have complained includes people that I wasn't even aware knew about it. Last night, Shane Ross and Ryan Cox demanded more frequent updates, and this morning I got an e-mail in which Margaret requested that I update some more. So...who am I to let down my loyal fans?

At the moment, it appears that my page will not load...I'm not sure why. I'm also afraid that I can't post much at this time, since I am at work and am a little behind. Mostly because I was deathly ill last Friday. Actually, I didn't have any type of virus, in as much as I was in excruciating agony. I spent Thursday sweating bullets from this gut-wrenching pain in my side. Friday morning, I dragged myself to the doctor only to find out that, somehow, I had managed to developed an enflamed large intestine. So, I was placed on a liquid diet for several days. Yesterday was the first time I'd eaten real food since last Wednesday. Last night, my friend Travis Long had several of us over to his parents' house for dinner. It was probably the best meal I've eaten in quite a while...with the exception of the crab I had last week. My culinary skills are pretty much limited to various types of pasta.

So, Saturday night I was supposed to go to this birthday party for my friend Marty, at some bar in downtown. I used to work with him at the Shoah Foundation. Anyway, I completely forgot about it...which is strange because I'd been planning on going to it all week. But then, it just completely slipped my mind. Instead, I got suckered into helping Katie move a couch out of her apartment...nevermind the gut-wrenching pain in my side throughout the entire ordeal. After moving the couch, we went to the movie theater... Katie wanted to see that movie with Hugh Grant...About a Boy. I, however, managed to beg my way into seeing Star Wars. Now, I truly hated The Phantom Menace, but this movie kicked ass, with the exception of some of the sappy pseudo-romantic stuff. Katie fell asleep...but not because of the movie. She'd been up since like 4 am on Saturday, so she had an excuse. So, while I was driving home at like 12:30 am, I suddenly remembered that I had forgotten all about Marty's party. Oh well...as the recently established Matt doctrine goes...all plans between men are tentative. (Although, I'm pretty certain the original credit for the doctrine belongs to Jerry Seinfeld.)

Well, that's all for now. I've got some work to do. Perhaps this post will keep the rank and file content. Bread and circuses for all.
posted by Matt @ 8:54 AM


Days of yore

April 2002
May 2002
June 2002
July 2002
August 2002
September 2002
October 2002
November 2002
December 2002
January 2003
February 2003
March 2003
April 2003
May 2003
June 2003
July 2003
August 2003
September 2003
October 2003
November 2003
December 2003
January 2004
February 2004
March 2004
April 2004
May 2004
June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
October 2006
May 2007
July 2007
October 2007
September 2009
Go look at these

Favorite links

More rad links to come!
Credits

Content © Matt Stahl
Currently Reading

I Am America (And So Can You!)
by Stephen Colbert