Well, here it is, Cinco de Mayo, the anniversary of when the Mexicans defeated the French at Battle of the Puebla in 1862. There's a Cinco de Mayo celebration near city hall in
Pasadena that I'm contemplating going to. I figure that's a good chance to get some decent Mexican food. Actually, I have a craving for Filiberto's right now, that is so strong that I am tempted to jump in my car and drive all the way to
Vista. But I know I'd regret it once I got there.
I've had a change of heart...the title of most attractive girl to ever walk the halls of
Fallbrook High School should not belong to Miriam... Instead, it belongs to Leah. I almost asked Leah to the prom, but then Stephanie Rishell asked me. So, like a chump, I took my ex-girlfriend to the senior prom. No doubt, I was hoping it would rekindle something, but instead we ended up fighting the entire night. Ah, memories. I'm not sure why, but I've been thinking of my high school years quite a bit lately. Perhaps it's because my ten year reunion is next year.
Yeah, anyway. Margaret and I went and saw
Spider-Man on Friday. I left
work early, and we went to the 5:30 showing at the AMC in Century City. Unfortunately, it was somewhat populated with children. I think a later show would have been better. But we couldn't do that because we had to go to a birthday party in Los Feliz, in honor of Meghan Lee, with whom we used to work at the
Shoah Foundation. Meghan no longer works at the Foundation either...she now works at the
Reagan Library in
Simi Valley. Meghan also lives in
Montrose, although, at the moment, she is not allowed in her apartment because they found toxic mold there...just like the kind that was found in
Ed McMahon's house. So, she's staying in hotels and will be leaving this cursed place...which I would also like to do. I'm fairly certain there's toxic mold in my apartment...
Anyway, we left the party around 12:30-1:00, and I got home at about 2, and went to sleep. Yesterday, I slept until about noon, and then went out. I went to get my mail at my post office box in
Burbank, and then I slipped over to
Atomic Records to browse their stock. While I was there, this girl approached me. It was weird- the very fact that she was approaching me told me that she wasn't from around these parts. Sure enough, she was from
Mobile, Alabama. She explained to me that she and her fiance had just arrived in town after driving for three days. She was 19 years old and had been working as a stripper in Mobile, when her strip club was shut down. So, they decided to come to California. She asked me if I knew where a
California Pizza Kitchen was. Since I was planning on heading over to the Media City mall, I told them that they could follow me there. I ended up talking to them for a while when we got there, and it was kind of funny. Every time that he was out of earshot, she would complain to me about how much her relationship sucked, and that she had to get out of it. I don't know if she expected me to invite her home with me or something. Anyway, she was 19 and he was 24, and they were both extremely naive in their southern thought processes. Honestly...I think they're in over their heads. She'll no doubt end up in the low-budget amateur porn industry in Chatsworth, and he'll end up homeless on Hollywood Blvd.
Funny enough, after parting ways with them, I saw them an hour or so later. They were illegally parked, so I decided to do them one more favor. I pulled over and told them they were illegally parked. They said thanks, and they hope we'll run into each other again. Yeah...that'll happen. Although, it was somewhat odd running into them twice in the same day.
I bought a book yesterday, at
Barnes and Noble in the Media City mall. I've been wanting to start doing some more reading...my reading habits have suffered since we got
Tivo. Anyway, I purchased A Clockwork Orange, on a whim mostly. I'd never really had a desire to read it before. The
movie was good, but it never caused me to want to read the book. I saw that movie at a midnight showing in
Milan, Italy, in 1998, back during my travels. Damn, I miss those days.
Anyway, I think it's time for me to head out to Pasadena, and the Cinco de Mayo celebration. Maybe I can get a decent tamale or something.