Well, in case you were wondering, I did not actually go to the Cinco de Mayo festival in
Pasadena this Sunday. Instead, I mosied over to
Best Buy and took care of something that I should have done 11 years ago. Now that that is done, I can move on to bigger and better things.
So, after
church on Sunday, I went out to
El Torito with Katie, Alisa, Christy, Naomi and Robin (me and five chicks!). Katie and I wanted to go to a real mexican restaurant in
Glendale, but the rest of the group was enslaved by the corporate mindset, and opted for the franchise restaurant. So, we had little choice but to go along.
Well, somehow
Shane Ross has stumbled across my blog. I don't remember telling him about it, but I can imagine that perhaps it made its way to him
through the grapevine. My only fear is that, now that he and
Nathan Lundblad know about each other, they shall soon be on a
collision course to meet at
Caltech, and the Beast with the Seven Horns, Who Is Covered in Blaspemous Names shall soon be upon us all. And the world will end soon after.
You know, my
job is not so bad. But, to be honest, I really prefer my
old job. My work at the Shoah Foundation was tailor-made for me...it's like the type of work that I was born to do. My current job at the ALC is mostly busy work- very little sense of meaning. Don't get me wrong- I really like it. But it's just not the same.
I'd really like to move over to that area, but it does create a problem that most of my friends are in the Pasadena/Glendale area. I guess it's better to drive out this way one or two times a week than it is to drive to
UCLA everyday, though.
I called Katie about a half hour ago, and she said she'd call me back in like five minutes. It's been more than five minutes. If she doesn't call soon, she'll have missed her window of opportunity, because I'll be engrossed in
The West Wing.
Incidentally,
this site is probably one of the funniest websites ever.