I don't know how much more of this writing blogs on an i-mac I can take. There has to be someway to insert links, of which I am painfully unaware. Incidentally, I do believe that today is the one month anniversary of the tragic and sudden death of my poor poor car.
Well, despite having had to work today, I would have to say that I had a fairly good weekend. Friday night, I didn't do anything. I was completely exhausted from having worked 6 10 hour days in a row. I pretty much fell asleep at about 9:40 and slept through until the morning. I woke up at about 8 o'clock on Saturday morning and then I drove over to my home in Montrose. Upon arriving there, I discovered that my roommate was gone for the weekend. I then began to wonder why he only goes out of town during times when I am not there. That doesn't do me any good. What good is having the place to myself if I'm not there to enjoy it?
At any rate, I paid some bills and stuff. I also got the check from my insurance company for a measly $2354.96. I'm contemplating buying a car without a down payment and keeping that as a safety net of sorts. My recent bout with unemployment made me realize the importance of having a little nest egg. At the time I was laid off, I had about 2500 dollars. That, coupled with my 6 weeks of severance pay, allowed me to survive for 5 months (on a diet of saltines and mayonnaise, of course). It wouldn't be the first time I'd purchased a car without a down payment. I don't know...I'll have to figure it out.
So...yeah, I took care of a bunch of little things around the house and then I went to a little gathering to send off the Kosova team. I honestly wish I was going. But, obviously that isn't possible at this point. I'm hoping to be able to go next year, but I'm not sure. It's possible I'll still be stuck at my crappy job at that point.
After leaving the Kosova gathering, Alisa and Christy and I went to see Minority Report. The movie was good. Although, I'm not always one who likes happy endings. (If you haven't seen it yet, sorry. But you've had two weeks already, so it's not like it's my fault.) It's not that I'm all into unfortunate endings...it's just that I like movies that reflect life, and life isn't always a happy ending. Of course, life also doesn't consist of pre-cogs and little spider drones that scan your retinas. So, there is that.
I slept at home last night, mostly because I didn't feel like driving all the way back over here. This morning, I went and grabbed one of the best damn breakfast burritos on the face of the earth from Lucky Boy in Pasadena. Then, I headed over here and went to work. It was largely uneventful, which was a good thing. The less problems there are to deal with on check-in day, then the better job I did up until that point.
I finished A Clockwork Orange the other night. Real horrorshow. Now, I'm going to make my second attempt to dive into The Tin Drum by Gunther Grass. I made it about halfway through once before, so perhaps this time I will finish it. Oh, to be able to read like Bussy.
Orginally, I was supposed to do something with Alisa and Christy tonight. But, I think they had their fill of me yesterday, so I guess it'll just have to wait. Although I never did get this present that they hinted at.