Me in the corner.
Tuesday, June 11, 2002
I'm trying my best to maintain a positive attitude in the face of overwhelming adversity. Well...maybe adversity is not the right word. I don't know- there's just a whole lot of things going on right now that I'm not too happy about. Unfortunately, because of the public nature and increasing popularity of this blog, I am unable to post all of it in great detail. This is not exactly a forum in which I can express my innermost thoughts. For example, if I really hated Shane and thought that he was a complete and total jack ass, then I would not be free to post it here because he reads it on a regular basis. He's such a good friend.

So, suffice it to say, I can't really post about that which is really bothering me. Some of you already know, I'm sure. It's not like it takes a genius to figure it out.

On top of that, I don't have a car. My friends, David and Shuna Norton, have been nice enough to loan me their Ford Explorer for "as long as I need it," and I'm trying to figure out exactly how long that should be. I mean, I guess I could arguably "need" it for the next five years or so. I don't think I could handle it for that long though. That car is freaking noisy- rattling all the time. As opposed to the smooth quiet ride of my Jetta. Of course- that would not be a very comfortable ride these days. But seriously, every time I go over a bump, something somewhere on the car rattles. I try to turn up the CD player, but that actually skips every time I go over a pebble.

But...I must not complain about that. They didn't HAVE to loan me their extra car. But Shuna decided to be nice, and she has become my knight in shining armor. I guess that would make her my second favorite person right about now. Seriously, the generosity is astounding.

So, she loaned me her car so that I can drive all the way over to my job that I no longer like as much as I thought I would. It's just not what I thought it would be, to tell the truth, and I honestly can't see myself there for an extended period of time. I need to figure out something that I actually want to do.

I don't think I'm going to buy a brand new car. I'd actually like to be able to purchase a reliable used vehicle outright. I like the idea of no longer having a car payment to worry about. Although, I do mourn the death of my heretofore dope-ass G-ride.

My roommate's brother is visiting here this week from St. Louis. I haven't really had much of a chance to interact with him, but he seems like a decent enough fellow.

So, my friends...sorry there were no stories with which to regale you today. Sorry I failed to wax philosophic on the finer points of the minor works of Virgil, but not everbody can be as eloquent as Mr. Bush.
posted by Matt @ 10:11 PM


Days of yore

April 2002
May 2002
June 2002
July 2002
August 2002
September 2002
October 2002
November 2002
December 2002
January 2003
February 2003
March 2003
April 2003
May 2003
June 2003
July 2003
August 2003
September 2003
October 2003
November 2003
December 2003
January 2004
February 2004
March 2004
April 2004
May 2004
June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
October 2006
May 2007
July 2007
October 2007
September 2009
Go look at these

Favorite links

More rad links to come!
Credits

Content © Matt Stahl
Currently Reading

I Am America (And So Can You!)
by Stephen Colbert