Me in the corner.
Sunday, June 16, 2002
Well, today is Father's Day. The day when I place the obligatory call to my father and have a brief, awkward conversation about everything I'm doing wrong in my life and how the opinions that I hold that are contrary to his are the result of brainwashing from the University of California at San Diego. I'm somewhat envious of folks who have a decent relationship with their parents. My relationship with my mom is ok...it's the one with my dad that bugs me.

Anyway...it's not so much that I actually MIND calling my parents. There are times when I rather enjoy talking to my mom. My dad's another story... But still....I'd like to be able to call them when I'm actually in the mood to talk to them, as opposed to calling them because Hallmark tells me that I have to call them.

Well...I've decided that I am only going to make my current job a temporary stop. There's no career for me at the ALC, that's for sure. The work is boring and mindless and not very challenging. I've been trying to decide what would fit me. I used to think I wanted to be a high school teacher, but I put that off until I got older. Now I'm older, and I'm not so sure if that is what I want to do.

At any rate...I'm not really as depressed as I sound these days. There's just a lot of stressfult things going on. For example, I'm now one of the few Los Angeles residents who does not own a car. That's not a good situation to be in. At least I can rely on the generosity of others and use their cars for the time being. And, to top that, I really don't like my job- as you may have noticed.

But THAT, my friends, is the least of my worries. There is still the biggest problem of all. If you think you know what it is, then you are probably right. And if you are Shane Ross, then you have probably been right all along.

But, if you don't have the slightest clue, then you probably don't need to know just yet.

Ok...it's time to call my dad.
posted by Matt @ 3:25 PM


Days of yore

April 2002
May 2002
June 2002
July 2002
August 2002
September 2002
October 2002
November 2002
December 2002
January 2003
February 2003
March 2003
April 2003
May 2003
June 2003
July 2003
August 2003
September 2003
October 2003
November 2003
December 2003
January 2004
February 2004
March 2004
April 2004
May 2004
June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
October 2006
May 2007
July 2007
October 2007
September 2009
Go look at these

Favorite links

More rad links to come!
Credits

Content © Matt Stahl
Currently Reading

I Am America (And So Can You!)
by Stephen Colbert