Well, I am once again blogging from the safety and comfort of my own home. This, of course, means that I can insert
links when I deem it to be appropriate. I've actually been at
home since Friday night, although my housesitting gig was technically supposed to go on until today. I went back over there this afternoon to feed the kots and water the plants. As I was leaving, Kevin and Laurel Jones returned home so...yay! As I was dicussing with
Erika the other day, housesitting always seems like a good thing before hand but, after you've been doing it for a few weeks it just gets old. One thing that I am going to miss is the quick drive to
work, but it's still good to be home.
I've got a bit of a conundrum here. I'm trying to decide what to do to solve my no-car-having status. I don't really want to commit myself to another car loan, but it seems that any car I could currently afford to buy outright would not be worth owning. However, I'm now leaning toward the idea that it might, for the time being, be a good idea to forgo my extravagant purchase of a brand new Jetta. I have done the calculations and I could easily afford the payments, and it wouldn't break the
bank, but still...I'm not sure I'm prepared to sign up for such a long haul deal.
Incidentally, dear readers, you should welcome a new person to your midsts. My sister-in-law Jaime has now been informed of this site and is quite posssibly reading this at the same time you are. Perhaps if you are all nice to her and say hi to her in the comments section, then you can convince her to post comments as well. Of course, since she is now aware of it, then that means my brother Erich will become aware soon, and he will also be privy to the inner workings of my daily life. Which means I can't post anything mean about him, but I can relate how he used to spit in my food and how he was the equivalent of having
Wayne Arnold for a brother while we were growing up. But all that is all ok to post. I can only hope my parents never become aware of my little corner of the web. Oh, how the dysfunction would reign!
I'm not sure that I have anything to wear to work tomorrow, so I don't know what I'll do. I literally have no clean clothes at the moment. I guess I'll have to dig up something from the bottom of my closet. Speaking of work tomorrow, I should be going to bed, since I can no longer sleep in until 7:30 am and still make it to work. I just got home not too long ago, on account of I was out late at a coffee shop in
South Pasadena with Alisa and Christy and
Shane Ross, who just returned from Europe. He and I are tentatively going to go to Munich in late September for Oktoberfest. It's all a matter of whether or not I can afford it. Well, he'll be going regardless. If I can afford to, then I will go also. Hooray!