Well, it's been nigh unto a week since I have updated my blog. I think I should do it now, so as to satisfy my growing readership, which now spans from coast to coast. I still wonder how many people read it without leaving comments. I really should just set up a site meter, as
Shane recommends. Then I wouldn't have to wonder.
So, as I've mentioned, my life has not been too eventful as of late. I returned the
Ford Explorer that I had been borrowing from David and Shuna Norton. I think 7 weeks was long enough to hang on to it. Currently I am renting a
Saturn from
Enterprise, and I honestly have to say that it is the WORST DAMN CAR I HAVE EVER DRIVEN. Even the
Chevy Metros I have rented are preferable to this piece of crap. I honestly can't figure out why anybody would go buy one of these brand new...or even used. (With my luck, one of you owns one and will be offended by these statements. Most likely it will be my newest fan, Fred.) At any rate, I think I am going to purchase a vehicle this Saturday, even though I don't really want to.
I've always thought that it would be cool to live in a city where I didn't need to own a car, like
New York or
Washington, or even
San Francisco, to a certain extent. But, since the
MTA here in
Los Angeles amounts to little more than a colossal joke, it is not possible to live here without a vehicle. So, it's just something I'll have to do, I guess.
Last night, I was over at
Shane Ross's house in
Pasadena, at our weekly gathering there. Although it's not necessarily weekly for me, on account of I
work so far away. Anyway, Ryan Cox had just returned from
Kosovo and had all his pictures with him. I have to say that I was really upset that I was not able to go this year. Last year I went with a group from
my church through an organization called
World Servants. Honestly, I didn't even think anybody in Kosovo had noticed me last year, but I have been told that almost everybody in
Suva Reka asked about me. Isn't that nice?
So, I got home from Shane Ross's house at about 9:20 and there, on my answering machine, was a message from Katie, all the way from
Lhasa, Tibet. That's the second time she's called, and I have not been home for either of them. It isn't fair, I tell you!
Oh well...I went to
Fresno this last weekend because my mom was there visiting her mom. So, I got to see my mother, as well as several other relatives. I'd list them all, but you people probably don't care. My niece and nephew, Alyson and Sawyer, were there this weekend also. At this point, though, they have gone to visit my parents in
Hilo, Hawaii. So, at any rate...that's all from me today. I'll try to post more often.