Me in the corner.
Tuesday, August 27, 2002
Here it is, Tuesday night. I was supposed to go over to Shane Ross's house for the weekly meeting of the minds, but since I got home at about 7:30 and was already late, not to mention completely worn out, I decided to pass on it this evening.

I'm not sure what it is, but I have been really tired this week. I think it might have something to do with the fact that I had to go to work on Sunday. I think just the idea of having a six day work week makes one tired. Monday was a busy day, as I was running all over the campus (well, driving actually), going back and forth from the auditorium where the orientation was being held to our offices in Westwood Village. By the end of the day, I was exhausted. But, a relaxing evening at home did not await me as my dear friends Shane and Erika were driving from San Luis Obispo to Vista for a much needed week's vacation. At any rate, since it is nearly impossible to drive from SLO to Vista without passing through the hellish megalopolis of Los Angeles, we decided to meet for dinner when they were passing through these parts. So, they called me when they were in Sherman Oaks and I went to meet them there. We had dinner at The Cheesecake Factory (that's twice in one week I've been there). It was quite good, but I ate too much and didn't have any room for dessert. Our waitress was fairly pushy about us enjoying a dessert, but we stood firm and managed to get out of there without sampling the cheesecake.

After we ate, they continued on their merry way and I returned to my dinky little apartment in the cruddy suburb of Montrose. This place is really starting to get to me, and I'm considering moving back to Pasadena. Of course, the looming prospect of unemployment prevents me from truly entertaining this idea just yet.

Anyway, I think that this weekend I will make the drive down to Vista again, since Shane and Erika will be there. Last year for Labor Day, Amanda Cunagin and I went up to see them up in SLO. I have actually not seen Amanda since, as she seems to have gotten wrapped up in too many other things to bother calling her friends. If I sound bitter, I'm not really...it'd just be nice to hear from her once in a blue moon.

So, this weekend will find me yet again roaming the stomping grounds of my youth...although I doubt I'll actually head over to Fallbrook for any reason. One thing's for certain is that I will, once again, partake of the joy that can only be found at Filiberto's.
posted by Matt @ 8:53 PM


Days of yore

April 2002
May 2002
June 2002
July 2002
August 2002
September 2002
October 2002
November 2002
December 2002
January 2003
February 2003
March 2003
April 2003
May 2003
June 2003
July 2003
August 2003
September 2003
October 2003
November 2003
December 2003
January 2004
February 2004
March 2004
April 2004
May 2004
June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
October 2006
May 2007
July 2007
October 2007
September 2009
Go look at these

Favorite links

More rad links to come!
Credits

Content © Matt Stahl
Currently Reading

I Am America (And So Can You!)
by Stephen Colbert