Me in the corner.
Friday, August 09, 2002
Ok...I've received numerous inquiries about when the heck am I gonna update my blog again, so I thought now would be a good time, as I am sitting here at work with very little to do. Which is a rare thing as far as my job is concerned, by the way.

Well, this weekend I am going down to Fallbrook and will be staying with Adam and Alicia Young. Adam's been a friend of mine for about seven years now. Since he met Alicia after I moved up to Los Angeles, however, I barely know her...so I guess she's sort of like a friend-in-law. Anyway, Adam works as a police officer for the city of San Diego and Alicia is a teacher at my alma mater.

Tomorrow I'm going to a wedding at Riverview Church for Mike Daley and Sandy Fowler. I was planning on crashing the wedding and Mike found out about it and called me here at work today and told me I didn't have to crash the wedding because I am now formally invited...and a guest, too. Since I don't have a "guest" however, I'll probably go solo. Or, better yet, I was thinking it'd be fun to throw everybody for a loop there and show up with Kim Price. I think that, for all most of them know, she and I are still mortal enemies.

So, anyway, I'm really looking forward to hanging out in good old Brooktown and seeing everybody at the wedding. I'll probably see some people I haven't seen in like three years, and some people I'll never see again.

One thing I have to do, just like I do everytime I'm anywhere near the vicinity, is to hit Filiberto's Mexican "Restaurant" (read: Hole in the Wall) on East Vista Way in Vista, which makes the best damn Mexican food on earth. As of yet, I have been unable to find its equal up here in the Los Angeles area. I imagine that there is some equivalent, but they are all in areas where it is not safe for me to go. It's funny how much more difficult it can be to eat there the older I get, though. When I was in high school I could power through two of their Carne Asada Burritos and still feel fantastic. Now a half of one will send my fragile digestive system over the edge. But no matter...it is worth the agony. Yes, as you can tell...the Carne Asada Burrito is what I am looking forward to the most on this trip.
posted by Matt @ 4:00 PM


Days of yore

April 2002
May 2002
June 2002
July 2002
August 2002
September 2002
October 2002
November 2002
December 2002
January 2003
February 2003
March 2003
April 2003
May 2003
June 2003
July 2003
August 2003
September 2003
October 2003
November 2003
December 2003
January 2004
February 2004
March 2004
April 2004
May 2004
June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
October 2006
May 2007
July 2007
October 2007
September 2009
Go look at these

Favorite links

More rad links to come!
Credits

Content © Matt Stahl
Currently Reading

I Am America (And So Can You!)
by Stephen Colbert