Me in the corner.
Saturday, August 24, 2002
Well, as the elusive and ephemeral Molly Malone has pointed out, it is time to update. So, here I am updating. First of all, I suppose I should address the topic about which all of you are wondering. Let me start by just saying that I am fine. Obviously, I've spent a lot of time processing things this week. Last Saturday was quite a blow to my fragile psyche, but I think I have managed to bounce back quite nicely over the last week. To be sure, there's still an occasional twinge of angst or some such feeling but that's just part of it all. Things are much more clear on this side of it all. Hmm...that all sounds like something that could have been written by somebody steeped in Scientology. I assure you, that is not the case.

On Thursday night, I saw Kate for the first time since Saturday. We went out to The Cheesecake Factory in Pasadena and spent some time talking about this or that...small talk, I guess...until she brought up the topic that was on both of our minds. The conversation was productive...that's all I really want to say about it. Things are on their way to being ok between us and soon I'll be back to my normal cheery self.

Anyway, at the moment I am sitting at home watching 12 Monkeys. I seriously love this movie. Earlier today, I drove down to the fair city of Tustin in Orange County, where my mom was staying at my brother's house. She was visiting from Hilo, Hawaii, once again. My mom and I went to dinner at Claim Jumper in the police state of Irvine. I must admit, it was a little strange. That was the most time that my mom and I have spent together probably since I was in junior high school.

At any rate, I have to go in to work tomorrow for the final housing check in of the summer. I'm none too thrilled about it, but I guess it's part of the job. As I mentioned before, it's possible that I might be laid off at the end of this month. Of course, if I am then my last day would be September 13, which would be sort of bittersweet. I mean, on the one hand I would no longer have to contend with the horrible commute to a job I hate, but on the other hand I'd be unemployed again, which would really suck. Ok...time to pay more attention to this movie and then go to sleep after it's over. See ya.
posted by Matt @ 10:47 PM


Days of yore

April 2002
May 2002
June 2002
July 2002
August 2002
September 2002
October 2002
November 2002
December 2002
January 2003
February 2003
March 2003
April 2003
May 2003
June 2003
July 2003
August 2003
September 2003
October 2003
November 2003
December 2003
January 2004
February 2004
March 2004
April 2004
May 2004
June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
October 2006
May 2007
July 2007
October 2007
September 2009
Go look at these

Favorite links

More rad links to come!
Credits

Content © Matt Stahl
Currently Reading

I Am America (And So Can You!)
by Stephen Colbert