Well, tonight I am getting my funk on at the
Hollywood Bowl as I watch Isaac Hayes, Maceo Parker and Arrested Development perform live on the same stage. Yes, I'll be getting down with my bad self there. Seems my friend Angie, with whom I used to work at the
Shoah Foundation scored some tickets to this night of soul. So, a few of my former coworkers will gather there. I'll bring along some menthol cigarettes and a 40 of King Cobra malt liquor. (
Stereotypes Are A Real Time Saver).
Well, I had a meeting with my boss yesterday and he informed me that revenues are way down. This wasn't news to me, since basically foreign students are scared shitless to come study here and the
State Department continues to make F-1 visas more difficult to obtain. Not only are revenues down at the
ALC, but also at the
University as a whole. As a result, budget cuts are coming down the pike and I will be informed on August 30 as to whether or not I still have a job. He made clear that it has nothing to do with my performance and that I have been doing a great job. He's not the type to lie about that- he'd tell me I sucked if I didSeems funny that, a year later, I will most likely lose my job as a result of September 11. So, anyway...time to dust off the old resume yet again. I am actually applying for the credential program at
Northridge, which would start in January, so I am going to try to maybe get a substitute teaching gig until then. If I can get one, then I'll take some time off at the end of September and go to Germany or something. We'll see what happens.
Anyway- now I'm off to stand out among a crowd.