I guess this marks a milestone in my blogging life, as it is the first post being written from some location other than
Montrose or
Los Angeles. At the moment, I am sitting in the living room at
Shane and Erika's house in the city of
San Luis Obispo. Shane is sitting over in that chair reading
Time magazine, while Erika is getting ready to go to work at French Hospital. When it comes right down to it, San Luis Obispo is a pretty boring town. There's very little to do here if one is not attending college at
Cal Poly. I think that Erika can't wait until Shane is done with school so that they can flee from this one horse town.
I got here at about 5:00 last night, and then we went out to dinner. After dinner I proceeded to get my ass kicked in a game of
Risk. I was out of the game in literally less than an hour. I don't know what went wrong.
Anyway, today we went down to
Pismo Beach. It was pretty quiet down there, as I think the height of the tourist season has come and gone.
Additionally, the city is flooded with the freshman who have arrived this week for their orientation week. Wherever you look, you see hordes of young frosh wearing their green orientation t-shirts. I'm sure that this time of year must be quite annoying for the year-round inhabitants of the city. I mean, all summer it's perfectly peaceful and quiet and then, all of the sudden, there are hordes of students descending upon their quaint little town.