There was a slight bug in my
sitemeter that wouldn't allow me to see how people were stumbling across my site. I've fixed that, so now I can tell how some of you are finding my humble little corner of the internet.
I'm kind of tired at the moment, and it's been too damn hot here in
Los Angeles as of late. Today was my first day back at
work since last Friday. I decided to take yesterday off because I have some accumulated sick time that I needed to use before my last day on September 13. So, yesterday I went to the beach in
Huntington Beach with Kate. It was the first time in a long time that I'd been to a beach. It was overcast and foggy, and Kate was unhappy about that. However, I convinced her that it was still possible to have fun in such conditions. We went swimming in the ocean- that's the first time I've gone swimming in the ocean in years I think. At any rate, it was a lot of fun. I got sunburned because I failed to properly apply sunscreen.
Today, while sitting at my desk staring out at the
UCLA campus, I began to get irritated with the fact that I have to keep coming in until September 13. What's really irritating is that there's all these little things they want me to do to help make the transition smoother. My general attitude is, "Screw you. You laid me off, so you deal with it." But, since that is sort of contrary to my work ethic and deleterious to receiving a recommendation from them, I am doing all that I can to make it smooth.
I've got to figure out what to do after this. I get back from
Germany on October 8, or round about that time.
Shane Ross and I are going to
Munich for
Oktoberfest. I'll also be visiting my friend Sonja Kolterer in
Heidelberg, and perhaps some relatives in
Frankfurt am Main. I must say, I'm looking forward to it, as I've not really had a vacation since last summer when I went to
Kosovo. Not that Kosovo was necessarily a vacation, as I was doing construction work in the sweltering heat of the Balkans.
Well...nothing too exciting to report, as usual. This Saturday, I'm going with several friends to
Magic Mountain. I am contemplating the purchase of a season pass, seeing as I live 25 minutes away and if I go twice it will have paid for itself. Lord knows I'll have plenty of free time coming up soon.