Me in the corner.
Sunday, September 15, 2002
Well, here is my first blog post as an unemployed man. Once again, I am a burden on society- not contributing to the GDP. My last day at work was irritating, to say the least. This was due, in large part, to the fact that my supervisor would not shut up all day. She kept bugging me with all these last minute details to the point where I began to wonder if 5:00 would ever actually come. When it finally did, and that blessed moment arrived, I grabbed my things and headed for the door. As I said good-bye she actually had the audacity to remind me of something I had forgotten to do, as if she expected me to stay past five and do it. I simply smiled and said, "Well...sorry it didn't get done," and then headed off into the great wide open. Don't get me wrong...I understand where she's coming from because now she's shorthanded. She's a nice lady and all, really.

I certainly won't miss that job, but one thing I will miss is the paycheck. Paychecks are always good things to get. But, in all honesty, that job has been driving me insane since the end of April. The madness was taking over...and now I feel blissfully free- no longer forced to drive an hour for a job I hate each day.

Last night, Alisa and Christy came over and we watched From Hell. Normally, I don't like to play host. When one is the host, one cannot simply decide that one has had enough of whatever event is going on and decide to leave. As host, one must stay up until the last guest decides that it is time to go. I'm not saying that was the case last night...not by any means. I'm just saying that, in general, I prefer to be a guest rather than a host.

Thus far, that has been the most exciting thing that has happened all weekend. Today I did nothing. When I say nothing, I mean that almost litterally. I spent a great deal of the afternoon playing Warcraft III with the Real World marathon running all day as background noise. I know I said before that I hate reality television...and I do. But, for some reason, I am amused by The Real World. I think it all somehow relates to Puck.

On Monday, I'll be leaving here for a few days. Initially, I'll be going up to San Luis Obispo in order to visit Shane and Erika. I'll be staying there for a few days. I have ambitions of making a long drive up the California coast to the city of Eureka, if for no other reason than because I've never been that far north. It's just weird to think that there is like 8 more hours of California north of San Francisco. But, I wouldn't be surprised if, while in SLO, I took a look at a map and felt daunted both by the great distance and by the fact that I have a great deal to do in order to prepare for my upcoming trip to Germany. I've still got to find Shane Ross and I a place to stay in München. Good times. Good times.
posted by Matt @ 12:18 AM


Days of yore

April 2002
May 2002
June 2002
July 2002
August 2002
September 2002
October 2002
November 2002
December 2002
January 2003
February 2003
March 2003
April 2003
May 2003
June 2003
July 2003
August 2003
September 2003
October 2003
November 2003
December 2003
January 2004
February 2004
March 2004
April 2004
May 2004
June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
October 2006
May 2007
July 2007
October 2007
September 2009
Go look at these

Favorite links

More rad links to come!
Credits

Content © Matt Stahl
Currently Reading

I Am America (And So Can You!)
by Stephen Colbert