Well, it appears that all of you are eagerly awaiting more tales of the banal existence that I lead. I guess that I won't keep you waiting any longer. You know, both
Shane and
Nathan have been contemplating starting anonymous blogs. While it seems a novel idea, I don't think I'd have the discipline to maintain two separate blogs. I think I'll just continue to take my chances that somebody I don't want to see this will somehow stumble across it.
I suppose I should just cut to the chase. Most of you already know, but there might be a few who don't. Last Friday, while I was sitting at my desk at
work OMG asked me to come into his office. Sure enough, due to budget issues, my position has been eliminated. The ALC finished the fiscal year approximately 300 thousand dollars in the red. Not good, but the fact is that people are afraid to come here. Enrollment this summer was down approximately 50% from last year.
Contrary to what you might think, I was quite jubilant about the whole thing Particularly considering that this meant I did not have to honor the two year commitment I gave them when I was hired. I walked out of OMG's office, told the admin I'd be right back and walked down the street to
STA Travel and purchased a plane ticket to
Germany for $545. I'll be there from Sept. 23 until Oct. 8...perhaps I might extend my return date. At the moment I am also talking with my friend Sonja Kolterer, with whom
Shane Ross and I will be staying for a while.
There's not much to report from this weekend. Yes, I did go to
Filiberto's, and yes it was all I hoped it would be. But, for the most part, the weekend was far too hot to be enjoyable.
Vista and
Fallbrook were both well over 100 degrees. Also, I'm not sure what it is, but I am finding that I have increasingly less in common with friends down there. Mostly because all of them are married, and they own houses and some have kids on the way and I'm like...well, I am chronically single, can't find a job that doesn't suck and live in a crappy apartment. I mean, what the hell am I doing wrong?
Oh well...I'm not really all that worried about it. My day will come, world. Just you wait. And then you'll all be sorry that you laughed at me!