Gruß aus Heidelberg! It seems that the 4 days of partying in the freezing cold Bavarian weather was far too much for my fragile immune system as I seem to have contracted the flu or some such nonsense. I've spent most of the last two days sleeping at Sonja's house, and this is my first day out and about since arriving here Sunday. I'm still not 100% better, but I didn't fly all this way to spend my time cooped up in an apartment coughing my lungs up.
At any rate, we left Munich on Saturday night and travelled via night train to Karlsruhe. Unfortunately, there was no place to sit on the train and we ended up sitting on the floor for four hours. The last night at the festival was perhaps the most interesting. I didn't have anything to drink both because I'd drunk too much the night before...like WAY too much... and because I didn't want to show up at Sonja's house the next morning all hung over and stuff. At any rate, that night at the Augustiner-Braü tent a fight broke out and I was instantly elevated to hero status in the eyes of four drunk Italians and two German high school girls because of my efforts in breaking up the fight and because I helped one of the Italians after he'd been injured by the aggressor.
I am thinking of extending my stay by a couple of days in order to make up for the days during which I was out of commission and unable to enjoy myself. At the most, I'll probably extend it by two days.
Ok- that's all from here.