In typical Matt fashion, I arrived at the
courthouse late last Friday, having underestimated the time that it would take to get there and having overestimated my knowledge of the maze of streets that is downtown
Los Angeles. By the time I parked my car and made it through the security screening, they had already closed the doors to the jury assembly room.
As a result, I was forced to reschedule my reporting day and have been summoned to appear tomorrow, on Halloween. I wonder if it would be inappropriate to show up in a costume. At any rate, I'm not looking forward to it. Funny enough, my roommate is also currently on jury duty and he had to report today to civil court. As I mentioned previously, my summons is for traffic court and I'm wondering what type of horribly boring trial I could possibly be assigned.
So, tomorrow (or today, depending on how long it takes me to write this post) is Halloween. I have my night all planned out, and it will involve me making appearances at two different locales. What can I say? I have a lot of friends and I must do my best to keep them all happy. Fear not, if you are reading this and you have invited me to join you, I will be there.
Ok, I've got to go to bed now seeing as I have to go to court tomorrow, so that's all for now. I imagine I'll see some of you tomorrow.