Me in the corner.
Thursday, October 24, 2002
Well, the powers that be have summoned me to appear for jury service at 1945 S. Hill Street in the West Adams district of Los Angeles tomorrow morning at 8:30. I just realized last night that my summons is for traffic court. Traffic court?!? I assume that means that if I am placed on a jury it will be for something boring like somebody driving more than 100 mph or a DUI or something. Nine years ago I served on a jury for a DUI. At the time I thought it was pretty cool, but I think I'll do the best I can to try to get out of serving tomorrow.

There are a couple things that I need to do once I manage to find a job. First, I need to purchase a new computer as my four year old PC with Celeron processor is on its last legs and barely even has the strength to boot up anymore. The other thing that I'd like to do is move back to Pasadena, as Montrose has lost all the magic. Ideally, I think I'd like to live by myself again, but that means I'll have to do quite a bit of furniture and electronics purchasing. I own two couches, but one of them is a complete piece of crap that should be burned in the village square. But, when it comes to living with somebody versus living by myself, I'd have to say that I prefer the latter.

So next Thursday is Halloween. I'm not entirely certain what I'll be doing yet. Last year I went with some friends from the Shoah Foundation to bear witness to the hedonism that can only be found at the annual carnival in the city of West Hollywood. It was quite the spectacle, to be sure...one that I'm not certain I ever need or want to see again. I have received a couple different invites for this year and have pretty much decided on a course of action, but I'll not divulge that at this time. I like to remain dark and mysterious whenever possible. Of course, if this cough doesn't go away soon it's entirely possible that I'll be spending this Halloween hooked up to an iron lung somewhere struggling for my last breath at the exact same minute that my health insurance runs out.

I'd have to say that today is the first day that I think I made any real progress in the job search area. I finally got around to getting my resume updated to include my last job. I'm going to e-mail it to my dad so he can critique it.

So, that's all from my end today. Tomorrow begins my exciting participation in the turning of the wheels of justice. I must remember...innocent until PROVEN guilty.
posted by Matt @ 10:01 PM


Days of yore

April 2002
May 2002
June 2002
July 2002
August 2002
September 2002
October 2002
November 2002
December 2002
January 2003
February 2003
March 2003
April 2003
May 2003
June 2003
July 2003
August 2003
September 2003
October 2003
November 2003
December 2003
January 2004
February 2004
March 2004
April 2004
May 2004
June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
October 2006
May 2007
July 2007
October 2007
September 2009
Go look at these

Favorite links

More rad links to come!
Credits

Content © Matt Stahl
Currently Reading

I Am America (And So Can You!)
by Stephen Colbert