Well, today is Sunday, which means that the weekend is almost over. Tomorrow, millions of people will end their brief two day respite and return to work. I honestly don't know whether to envy them or laugh at them. I remember last year during my previous bout with unemployment, I was pretty bummed. But then I got a job and I went from being bummed to being downright miserable, mostly because the job was tantamount to a huge pile of crap. It wasn't necessarily the place itself that I hated. In fact, I liked most of the people with whom I worked, and it is a respectable organization. I just hated my position. I was envious of the people there who had the good jobs that didn't suck.
At any rate, I've got jury duty this week. I just called and don't have to report tomorrow, but I have to call every day this week. I'm hoping maybe I'll get put on the
Winona Ryder trial, although I doubt that will be held at the court house I'm going to, which is a ghetto courthouse in the West Adams district. I'll probably end up on some crack dealing trial or something like that.
I served on jury duty in
Vista about nine years ago, the summer after I graduated
high school. At the time, I thought it was pretty fun, but I'm not really all that excited about it now.
Anyway, I don't really have all that much to say. At the moment, I'm watching the Chargers and Raiders game, and later tonight I'll probably go to
church. Could my life be any more exciting?