Me in the corner.
Tuesday, November 26, 2002
For the past several days, gale force winds of pure evil have been sweeping down across the Greater Los Angeles area, knocking over powerlines and trees, fanning fires in the foothills and preventing me from getting a decent night's sleep. Every year at this time I am kept awake night after night by the winds that blow fiercely through the alley behind my apartment building, creating this irritating high pitched whistling sound. No matter what I do, sleep is next to impossible when this is happening. I have tried everything, from placing my pillow over my head, to wearing earplugs, to making animal sacrifices to attempt to appease the wind gods, but nothing works. So, I remain sleep deprived and can do nothing more but yearn for the spring, when these winds will cease.

As I'm sure you know, Thanksgiving is coming up this Thursday, and I couldn't be happier about it. Thanksgiving has long been one of my favorite holidays, largely due to the fact that I love turkey. Love to eat turkey. Turkey for the girls and turkey for the boys, my favorite kind of pants are corduroys. This year, once again, I'll be joining my sister-in-law's family on Balboa Island in Newport Beach. It's quite a nice place to spend the holiday, especially when her dad takes us all out on the boat before dinner. That's my favorite part.

In other news, tonight I was over at Shane Ross's and John's place in Pasadena, but Shane was out of town, so it was just John, Ryan, Travis, Truong and me. It was kind of low key, but that was fine with me. Sadly, there's not much to report this week. Everybody seems to be sort of in the holiday mode. This has always struck me as somewhat of an odd week, mostly because it's more or less three days long for almost everybody. I think, only once, have I ever had to work on the Friday after Thanksgiving, and that was only because it's illegal for any bank to be closed for more than three days in a row. Of course, as you know, I don't have to work this Friday either.
posted by Matt @ 9:57 PM


Days of yore

April 2002
May 2002
June 2002
July 2002
August 2002
September 2002
October 2002
November 2002
December 2002
January 2003
February 2003
March 2003
April 2003
May 2003
June 2003
July 2003
August 2003
September 2003
October 2003
November 2003
December 2003
January 2004
February 2004
March 2004
April 2004
May 2004
June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
October 2006
May 2007
July 2007
October 2007
September 2009
Go look at these

Favorite links

More rad links to come!
Credits

Content © Matt Stahl
Currently Reading

I Am America (And So Can You!)
by Stephen Colbert