This day was truly a sad one, as I witnessed the UCLA Bruins get completely and utterly slaughtered by those smug bastards at SC. Damn, I hate the Trojans. I actually did not watch the game in it's entirety, since I turned the TV off in disgust when the score was 28-7. I couldn't bear to witness the rest of the massacre. I'm not surprised though...we all knew it was inevitable. I've not been that disappointed at a team's performance since the San Diego Chargers choked during the 1995 Super Bowl.
Anyway, that's all I really have to say about that horrible spectacle. I have another topic that is somewhat interesting, but also slightly gross, so it is not for the faint of heart. If you do not wish to know about this then you should look away from the screen for a minute or so. Since last night, I had been noticing a really strange odor to my...ahem...pee. I was wondering what the heck could be causing it. Hypochondriac that I am, I began to think of horrible possibilities, such as prostate cancer or that maybe I had accidentally ingested rat poison or something. So, when I got home tonight, I logged on to WebMD and did a search for "urine smell" and discovered
this article about asparagus and the effect that it can have on the smell of your pee. Sure enough, last night with dinner I had a great deal of asparagus....probably more than I've ever eaten in my life. I don't know why I ate so much of it...it was just really good. Anyway, as the article states, it's not a trait that is found in everybody, which means I must be special.
Ok...that's enough about that. That's probably more than you wanted to know about me, I imagine. But, it's a simple fact of life.
Anyway, today I went over to Shane Ross's house in Pasadena, on account of he was having this gathering there for most of the afternoon. It was actually quite fun. There was this girl there I'd never met before named Jessica Tyler, who was extremely funny. I spent most of the day talking to her and Ryan....I didn't really know too many of the other people there. Alisa and Christy stopped by at one point, but they didn't really stay too long.
I got home at about 10:30 tonight after having dinner with Ryan and that new-girl Jessica at Crown City Brewery. My roommate was asleep when I got home, which is kind of odd, largely because he is normally up until about 3 am. But he did wake up at like 7 this morning, so maybe he was just really tired.
Well, that's pretty much all there is to report for my day. I wish it had been more exciting, but I am the undisputed king of boring stories. I'm kind of tired at the moment, so I think I'll forget about adding links. You can find the sites for Pasadena and the San Diego Chargers on your own.