Well, the dust has cleared and
Tweedledee has been declared the victor. Four more years, indeed. Not that I'm under the impression that
the alternative would have been any better. The fact is, neither one appealed to me.
At any rate, in the grand scheme of things my day to day life remains relatively unaffected by whoever is in
Sacramento. To paraphrase
Nat X, the A-train will still run regardless of who wins. Not that I take the A Train...or any train for that matter. It'd be nice to be able to take the train to and from work. But to do that I need to 1.) have a job and 2.) not live in
Los Angeles.
So, on Tuesday I received word that my sister-in-law is currently with child. That's pretty cool. That will mean, however, that my brother will have three children before I even get married. It also occurred to me that when this new baby is ten years old, my niece Alyson will be about 21. Seems to me like it'd be weird to be that much older than a sibling, but maybe because the age difference between my brother and me is only 2 and a half years.
This weekend, I'll be going up to
Mammoth with
Shane Ross, John Lin, Truong Vo, Travis Long and Ryan Cox. It should be fun, although I'm questioning myself as to whether or not I can actually afford it. The lodging is free, so that's not a problem. I guess I'll just have to pass on snowboarding or skiing...not that I've ever actually done either of those things. I don't think I've ever been to Mammoth. I've been near there...I think I drove by
Mono Lake back in 1998. It'll be fun, although I'll be on somewhat of a limited budget.
My dad is currently here in
California, attending some conference in
Irvine. I haven't seen him yet- I might go down to that area tonight, but I'm not sure. At any rate, I'm sure I'll see him at some point before he returns
home.