I'm at home at the moment. I was here most of the day yesterday and I even ended up sleeping here last night, so I'm hoping that the cats have not yet died. I'm about to go back over there and feed them and make certain that they are doing ok. I hadn't planned on sleeping here last night, but I ended up getting back here really late from going out with Ryan Cox and this commie friend of his named Seth.
I came here yesterday because I was getting extremely sick of being around that boring apartment. Housesitting is even less fun when you don't have a job to go to. So, to break the monotony I came here to do some stuff. Anyway, Ryan called me at about 6:30 last night and told me he knew of this bar in
Santa Monica that would be filled with large-breasted hot women. It seems there's this guy who has a local sports radio show, called
Sports by Brooks, and he has these things at bars sometimes with all these hot chicks, and they have trivia rounds and so on so you can win prizes. All of that was secondary, though. All he had to say was "large-breasted hot women" and that was enough to get me there.
As it turns out it was rather a small gathering of people, and he only brought two of the "Brooks Girls"...one named Maggie and one named Rea. Also, because there were so few people, Commie Seth and I both ended up in a round of trivia. I got zero points because it was mostly random sports trivia along the lines of "Who was the
Wasington Redskins leading scorer in 1947?" and that sort of thing. I have friends from
college who can answer those kinds of questions, but not me!
Anyway, after that ended, we went to another bar in Echo Park called The Shortstop. It was kind of a dive, but dives are good sometimes. While we were there, Ryan ran into some girl who used to be his R.A. at
Cal Tech, I think. As is normally the case, when I'm in a room full of people I don't know I sort of ended up standing there like a moron with very little to say. At one point, I listened to Commie Seth explain his propaganda to somebody, no doubt seeking to gain another recruit for the revolution. Or maybe he just thinks being a communist is a good way to pick up women...personally, I prefer nihilist women...you know, the kind of women who dress all in black and say such things as, "If there were such a thing as love, I would feel it for you. But there is not, so I feel nothing." (One should read that with a harsh East German accent.)
Tonight, I'm ditching a boring party that I already RSVP'd for to go to a much more fun party at
Shane Ross's house. It seems it's his birthday sometime soon, although I'm not exactly sure when. I do know that
Erika's birthday is December 19. Yay for birthdays!