Today, I donated platelets at the UCLA Blood and Platelet Center. They also took a pint of blood...the bastards. I'd never donated platelets before and it was somewhat boring. Basically, it takes about two and a half hours. They give you a movie to watch to wile away the hours...I opted to watch Gladiator, which I'd not seen for quite some time. So, while you're sitting there caught up in some movie, your blood pumps out of your arm into this weird machine that I guess removes all the platelets from your blood and then somehow puts the blood back into your arm. When it comes right down to it, that's pretty creepy that they can do something like that. I sure hope I don't need those platelets any time soon.
As usual, housesitting is pretty damn boring. I mean, I don't really know anybody in this part of town, they don't have a decent computer or a DVD player, or even Tivo for that matter. So I'm stuck watching basic cable and trying to prevent myself from hurling this Macintosh out the window. Still, as I've said before, it is basically free money, so who am I to complain?
Tonight I was supposed to head over to Shane Ross's and John's house, as usual, but opted not to battle the traffic with which I am only all too familiar from the days of yore when I worked at UCLA. I was pretty worn out after donating the blood and platelets, for some reason, that I spent the evening just lying on the couch watching such fine programming as That 70's Show, Andy Richter Controls the Universe, and, my personal favorite, 24.
So, seeing as things over here are entirely uneventful, I don't have much else to say. Next week I'll be back to my own stomping grounds and, perhaps, things will be more fun.