As far as
Super Bowls go, that one was pretty sad to watch. As
Shane pointed out, how is it that the
League MVP now holds the record for the most interceptions in a Super Bowl? That last interception that was picked off by
Dwight Smith was the final slap in the face for those poor
Raiders. As I mentioned previously, I was hoping that
Tampa Bay would win it, but still....you can't help feeling sorry for the Raiders for losing that badly.
The commercials continued their downward trend, with very few of them actually making me laugh out loud. Personally, I think commercials with man-faced women like
Celine Dion driving a Cadillac have no place in the Super Bowl lineup. My favorite commercials were the Fed Ex/Castaway parody, the Reebok one with Terry Tate (this was, by far, the very best), and the Dodge Ram beef jerky one.
The ones I hated, as I mentioned, were the Cadillac ones (particularly the one with
Man-Face), and the anti-drug marijuana can make you pregnant ads. Do we really need our tax dollars spent to rail against something that should probably be legal anyway?
Anyway, at the moment I'm watching the premiere of
Jimmy Kimmel- Live. Remember when that guy used to do movie reviews on
KROQ? That's now two former KROQ employees with late night tv shows. The other, of course, being that fucker
Carson Daly. On the whole, Jimmy Kimmel was not too bad. At first I thought it was pretty lame, but as I watched it actually got pretty good.
So, I start
school tomorrow. This is the first time I've had a class to go to in about six years. It starts at ten, but I am going to leave here pretty early, as I imagine parking will be hard to find on the first day of the semester.
This week I will also continue my search for a meaningful part time job. Yes, Erika, I will pop in to
Starbucks.