Me in the corner.
Tuesday, January 21, 2003
Undoubtedly, the most important development of the last few days was the fact that I have now met, in person, Nathan Lundblad and The Foos. I showed up at their Winter Debauch in Pasadena on Saturday night and stayed for approximately two hours. I would have stayed longer, but I was more or less completely exhausted for some reason and wanted to get home so I could sleep. I arrived at their house at about 11:00, having just come from another party down in Whittier. Of course, the first party was just a dinner party, so there was no debauchery to speak of there.

Yesterday, Ryan Cox and I went to see Gangs of New York in Burbank, along with Nat Idontknowhislastname. After seeing this movie, I have come to the simple conclusion that Ryan and I, for the most part, simply do not have similar taste in movies. Immediately after we left the theater, Ryan and Nat proceeded to talk about how horrible that movie was. Meanwhile, I was thinking that I had been rather entertained. Granted, it wasn't my favorite movie, but I did enjoy it. Add to that the fact that Ryan and Nat both thoroughly enjoyed 25th Hour, while I was bored senseless, and one can conclude that Ryan and I do not like the same kind of movies. Well, there's no accounting for taste.

In other news, I was more than pleased to see the Raiders beat those sorry bastards from Tennessee. Now, as a true Chargers fan, I must once again turn my attention to rooting against Oakland. So, I'm hereby casting my lot in with Tampa Bay for the Super Bowl.

I got my 1099 from the state unemployment office today. Once I get my W-2 from UCLA then that means I can file my tax return. Like every year, I am determined not to wait until April 15 but, like every year, I probably will. Seeing how much I collected in unemployment last year was kind of depressing. Not because it was such a little amount but because it was so much. I mean...was I really THAT unemployed? That certainly doesn't do much for one's confidence.

I start school next Monday. It will then become necessary for me to find SOME kind of job, as I cannot continue to collect unemployment while I'm in school. That's kind of a good thing, perhaps. It gives me some incentive.

I managed to get my name on the substitute teaching list for South Pasadena Unified last Friday, which is next to impossible to do. They didn't call me today, but it's a pretty small district with a rather large pool of substitutes. I've got to get myself on some other districts as well.

Ok...if anybody wants to buy me dinner to cheer me up, that would be nice of you.
posted by Matt @ 9:12 PM


Days of yore

April 2002
May 2002
June 2002
July 2002
August 2002
September 2002
October 2002
November 2002
December 2002
January 2003
February 2003
March 2003
April 2003
May 2003
June 2003
July 2003
August 2003
September 2003
October 2003
November 2003
December 2003
January 2004
February 2004
March 2004
April 2004
May 2004
June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
October 2006
May 2007
July 2007
October 2007
September 2009
Go look at these

Favorite links

More rad links to come!
Credits

Content © Matt Stahl
Currently Reading

I Am America (And So Can You!)
by Stephen Colbert