Honestly, it feels good to be busy again...to at least be doing SOMETHING.
Unemployment truly sucks, so being back in school full time at least helps me feel not so worthless. It's good to have things on my mind other than, "I wonder which episode of
Sanford and Son is showing on TV Land right now." Most of my classes are pretty simple, truth be told. There's just a lot of hoops you have to jump through to get this credential. There is a lot of useful information that should be helpful, though. Honestly, I don't envy people teaching on emergency credentials. I couldn't imagine just walking into a classroom without any training at all and have to control thirty sixteen year olds.
It seems to be a pretty common complaint among the students in the credential program that the
College of Education gives you almost none of the information you need, and getting correct information from somebody in the office is an ordeal in itself. Legend states that there are advisors, but you have to somehow get past the cronies at the front desk in order to get the answers you need. As of yet, I've not done this.
Most of the people in my classes are pretty decent folks, but there are one or two people who truly bother me. In particular is this guy in my Methods of Teaching Social Sciences class. He smells really bad and has really bad breath and talks with a really weird voice. Knowing how cruel kids can be, I imagine that he is going to be the kind of teacher who is continually mocked by his students. I'm sure we all had teachers like that.
So, this is the beginning of the weekend. I've got a pretty full weekend ahead of me. Tonight I have to go to a birthday party for some friends from the
Shoah Foundation at Brittany Lichtig's house in Woodland Hills. My friends Angelica Ochoa and Mischal Diasanta have their birthday's fairly close together so they normally have a joint birthday party. Mine is normally celebrated in conjunction with Blake Heller's in the early part of March.
Anyway, on Saturday I get to go down to
San Diego to attend the wedding of my ex-girlfriend's younger sister, Cori Price. I'm looking forward to it- I think my friends Ryan and Mandy Yingst are going to be at the wedding. Shane and Erika were invited also, but they don't want to drive all the way down from
San Luis Obispo, I guess. So, I'll probably be back sometime Sunday evening. I'll most likely have to spend most of today doing homework since I won't really be able to do much this weekend.
Of course, San Diego is not as glorious as
Puerto Rico, where
Shane Ross gets to go for some space conference. I wish I got to go to space conferences in Puerto Rico.