I really ought to update this thing, I guess. There isn't all that much to write about though. Perhaps I'll just ramble on for a while. I'm amazed at how busy I was this week. I'm not used to being so busy, and I still have more to do. I've barely even had time to watch TV or read anything that wasn't
school related.
I got a
new computer recently. It's a Pentium 4, 1.8GHz, 256 RAM, 60 GB Hard Drive, blah blah blah. The 60 gig hard drive is the part that I'm most excited about because it allows me to copy all of my CDs on to the computer and play them all from one convenient location. I've come to the conclusion that, as far as the ownership of CDs goes, I don't have quite as many as most people. For example, whereas it would take
Shane more than a week to play through all his music, it would only take me two and a half days. That's straight through, mind you. I've always been somewhat lazy in my musical choices...anyway, this has inspired me to go on a music buying spree which I really can't afford to do at this time. In the last three days, I have bought 6 new CDs...all of which I had no excuse for not already owning. But, as I said, I've always been kind of lazy. The six which I had no excuse for not already owning are:
Nirvana - Bleach
Nirvana - In Utero
Pearl Jam - Ten
Pearl Jam - Vs.
Wilco - Being There
Smashing Pumpkins - Siamese Dream
Honestly, how I have lived this long without purchasing Siamese Dream is beyond me. That album kicks serious ass. And everybody else I know who owns Ten probably bought it in 1991 when it came out. I'm continually fighting the urge to go buy more CDs to add to my collection. I am ethically opposed to the concept of downloading entire albums, so that's not an option. If an album is good enough for me to want the whole thing then the artist deserves to be paid for it.
Anyway, on Friday I had an interesting experience that indicated to me exactly how far the
King of Pop has fallen. I was at
Best Buy in
Pasadena searching through their music collection, and silently cursing them over the fact that they didn't have
Weezer's green album. At any rate, as I was standing there this woman and her approximately 7 year-old daughter walked by. I heard the daughter say, "Mommy, is that Michael Jackson?" as she pointed up at a poster. Her mother laughed and said no, so I turn around to see exactly who it was and discovered a poster of
Yoko Ono. I imagine she'd be quite upset to discover that she was mistaken for a freakish-looking pedophile with a decaying face.
My computer isn't hooked up to the internet yet...we've got to run some network cable in order to do that. I really need to get that taken care of soon as there are some class projects I need to be able to access the internet for.
Ok...that's all for today. I need to get started on some homework and listen to Siamese Dream some more. Leave some comments.