Me in the corner.
Saturday, March 08, 2003
As it turns out, I've spent most of the day reading this really boring textbook. It's not that I really had a lot to read...just two chapters, which is about 75 pages. I'm actually not done with it yet and am debating whether or not I should finish the last 20 pages or just hang it all and go do something else. Of course, then I'd have to read the rest of it tomorrow when, in fact, I have loads of other things that I ought to be doing. Mind you, I haven't actually been sitting down and reading this boring book all day. It's the kind of thing where you read a page or two then decide that you just cannot wait any longer to take out the trash or clean behind your refrigerator. I once heard hunger defined as a condition that is caused by five continuous minutes of studying. I'd say that's a pretty accurate description of how my day went.

Last night I bought a bag of Oreos, and they are now all completely gone. I didn't eat all of them myself, however. My roommate did have some and so did some of the people who were over here last night. Which reminds me...my roommate had some of his friends over last night. Normally, if I know he's having people over, I try to make other plans for a variety of reasons. First of all, I don't like hosting any type of get together, as most of you know. My maldjusted anti-social tendencies prevent me from serving as an effective host. Secondly...well, I don't really have all that much in common with his friends. Some of them are pretty cool but, for the most part, it's always kind of awkward for me.

However, last night I had no place else to go, so I stayed here and had dinner with them. I imagine that some friends of mine probably went out and had fun but failed to invite me. Selfish bastards.

At any rate, suffice it to say that I haven't had very much fun over the last couple days as the majority of my time has been taken up with the previously discussed school work or wandering aimlessly around my apartment looking for some excuse not to do said school work. Along those lines, I cleaned my room up yesterday...from top to bottom. Got it all organized...a place for everything and everything in its place. It looks pretty decent, actually.

So, my friend Ashwin from New York City called me today. I think it might the only the third time he has called me since we graduated from UCSD. Anyway, he's getting married on August 10 in Victoria, British Columbia, and wanted to know if I would be willing to do a reading of a Bible passage at his wedding ceremony. I gladly agreed to do it, which answers the question I had for myself about whether or not I was going to go to his wedding. I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to go or not, but since I will now have a role in the ceremony, that more or less means I am going. I've never been to Canada, so I guess a wedding is as good of an excuse as any to go.

Anyway, as you may have noticed, there is a new poll to the right. I'm trying to do that at least once a week if for no other reason than it gives me something to do. I realize that I did not, in fact, include every presidential candidate on that list. So if you are planning on voting for outlandish candidates such as Ralph Nader, David Duke (God, that guy's a fucking bastard) or Pat Buchanan (not as much of a bastard but pretty close) then all I have to say is, "Go ahead! Throw your vote away!" I did realize that I forgot to include John Edwards on there but I can't imagine that many people even know who he is.

Ok...the midnight hour is fast approaching and I have decided that I am going to attempt to finish this stupid chapter on standardized tests before going to sleep. See ya.
posted by Matt @ 11:56 PM


Days of yore

April 2002
May 2002
June 2002
July 2002
August 2002
September 2002
October 2002
November 2002
December 2002
January 2003
February 2003
March 2003
April 2003
May 2003
June 2003
July 2003
August 2003
September 2003
October 2003
November 2003
December 2003
January 2004
February 2004
March 2004
April 2004
May 2004
June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
October 2006
May 2007
July 2007
October 2007
September 2009
Go look at these

Favorite links

More rad links to come!
Credits

Content © Matt Stahl
Currently Reading

I Am America (And So Can You!)
by Stephen Colbert