Me in the corner.
Thursday, March 06, 2003
Monday through Wednesday, I barely have time to breathe. Having five classes in three days tends to make it that way. This week was particularly busy. On Monday, in my Educational Psychology class, I had a group presentation on teenage suicide to do. As a result, Sunday night I was up until about 3 am working on it. By and large, I normally hate group assignments because you invariably have one or two idiots in the group who do almost nothing and then reap the benefits of all the hard work other members of the group put into it. Fortunately, none of the groups I have this semester seem to be that way. There's no deadweight...which is good.

You ever write one of those entries that takes you hours to finish? I wrote that first paragraph about three hours ago and have been talking to Shane on IM ever since, so I just kind of forgot about what I was writing. He seems to have disappeared at the moment, though, so I think I'll go back to typing this.

I'm always glad when Thursday comes around because that means I can stop to look around for a bit. Still, I do wish I was busier than I am. Thursday through Sunday makes for quite a bit of downtime. What I really need to do is make a to-do list. I guess once I do I can put "make a to do list" on there and cross it off. Seriously, there's loads of things I have to do, the most irritating of which is that I have to renew my driver license. Unfortunately, the DMV has told me that I can't renew by mail this time and that I must go in person to take a vision test and all that kind of crap. My vision is perfect...even better than perfect. 20/12.5, thank you. But, I guess they have no way of knowing that and need me to come in to verify that I don't need glasses.

This morning I had breakfast with Shane Ross, Ryan Cox and John Lin at Andy's Coffeehouse on Colorado Blvd. in Pasadena. It's something that we're going to try to start doing once a week. I have to admit that, having gone to sleep at like 2:00 last night, it was rather difficult to drag my sorry ass out of bed at 6:45 this morning. I was supposed to be there at 7:30, but I was 15 minutes late. No big deal...it saved me the trouble of having to ask for a seperate check because she gave me one automatically. Andy's was a quaint little place. I'm wondering if we should keep going there or jump around.

That stems from my lifelong desire to be a regular somewhere. You know...the kind of thing where you can just walk in, sit in your usual spot and have the waitress bring your usual order. I guess in high school my friends and I were all regulars at the local Carl's Jr. We went there a couple times a week. But, since that time, I haven't really been a regular anywhere.

Speaking of Carl's Jr...for most of my life I've been trying to get my mom to understand that the restaurant is NOT called Carl Jr's. It's Carl's Jr. mom! I don't understand why she can't get it. Further...in my opinion, Carl's has now gone over the top with their newest burger...The Six Dollar Guacamole Bacon Cheeseburger. I had one of those and it was damn good but come on! How much more unhealthy can you get? They really should sell bypass surgeries with their value meals.
posted by Matt @ 3:03 PM


Days of yore

April 2002
May 2002
June 2002
July 2002
August 2002
September 2002
October 2002
November 2002
December 2002
January 2003
February 2003
March 2003
April 2003
May 2003
June 2003
July 2003
August 2003
September 2003
October 2003
November 2003
December 2003
January 2004
February 2004
March 2004
April 2004
May 2004
June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
October 2006
May 2007
July 2007
October 2007
September 2009
Go look at these

Favorite links

More rad links to come!
Credits

Content © Matt Stahl
Currently Reading

I Am America (And So Can You!)
by Stephen Colbert