Should We Talk About the Weather?
It's pouring down rain at the moment. I've got my bedroom window open, and there's a nice little breeze blowing in here. The only problem is that there is no screen on the window, as it blew away in some wind storm quite some time ago and has not been seen since. I kind of like not having a screen on my window...it enables me to stick my head out the window in order to see what's going on around me. It also has the unfortunate side effect of letting flies and stuff like that in here, but then that also gives me something to kill.
My bed is right next to the window. Right now, the wind is blowing the rain away from my window, so my bed is not getting soaked. I guess once it starts blowing this way I'll have to close the window. I'd have to say that I really prefer rain to hot, sunny weather. Although too much of any one type of weather can get old. I need variety in my weather.
At any rate, that's enough about the weather. Yesterday, I realized that it was the one year anniversary of
my first weblog entry. I meant to post something about it yesterday, but didn't get home until really late last night, on account of I was over at
Ryan Cox's house playing
X-Box. I had sort of a busy weekend, although I didn't really do anything on Saturday. Friday night, I joined some former co-workers from the
Shoah Foundation at
The Groundlings in Hollywood. I hate going to Hollywood. From
where I live, there is no direct freeway route there and, when you finally get there, the streets are always backed up with traffic and it's almost impossible to find a place to park. Most of the time you have to resort to valet parking or some other expensive option. If one dares to park illegally, one is almost guaranteed to get a parking ticket as the city of
Los Angeles hands out tickets quite gleefully in Hollywood.
This guy I know performs regularly at the Groundlings. You might have seen him in that commercial for
Direct TV (he's the guy who works for the Cable Company but is getting Direct TV installed.) He's also appeared in a
Quizno's commercial, as well as a few others. But mostly he focuses on improv and stage performance and stuff.
After the show, we all went to eat at this Mexican restaurant on Melrose called Antonio's, which was quite expensive. One never really thinks of Mexican food as being expensive. Indeed, I don't think it should be. The best type of Mexican food is the inexpensive stuff. At Antonio's, I paid 11.50 for two enchiladas. Quite ridiculous if you ask me...but, again, that's another reason why I hate going to Hollywood.
Last night, after
church, I went to a
Sports by Brooks gig at Crown City Brewery in
Pasadena. I just sort of knew that
Shane Ross and Ryan would be there. I mean, Sports by Brooks gigs are a perfect opportunity to meet women with whom we have no chance. Sure enough, they were there. Afterwards, we went over to Ryan's house, where we played the aforementioned
X-box.
I'm on Spring Break this week, so I didn't have class today. I just kind of been sitting around the house doing nothing of any importance. I watched
American Beauty this morning. After I finish writing this, I'll most likely go get caught up on some reading for school. At the moment, I am reading this book called
Undaunted Courage, by Stephen Ambrose. It's for my Methods of Teaching Social Sciences class. This is the first book I've read by Stephen Ambrose, and I am rather enjoying it. Although, not surprisingly, I am behind in it. Which is why I've got to get caught up.
Just a reminder to all of you out there...if you have not yet done your income taxes, now is the time. They are due tomorrow. I've done mine, but I haven't mailed them in yet because I owe those
bastards $371. When I owe, I don't send it in until the last possible moment. Although, I did manage to get a refund of $429 from the
State of California, so I sent that one in a few weeks ago. Ok...sorry this wasn't more interesting. Maybe next time.