Boring Stuff For You To Read
I have now returned home from my housesitting gig in West Los Angeles. I thought I should write something on this blog. As you may have noticed, I have not been feeling particularly inspired to post anything lately. A large part of that was due to the stress of the rapid approach of the end of the semester. In the midst of all that, I was housesitting and last weekend I had to go to that wedding in
San Juan Capistrano. As an astute reader commented recently, I do go to quite a few weddings. I'm not really sure why it happens that way. I think it might have something to do with the fact that I do a really good job of keeping in touch with friends. I'm still in touch with friends from
high school,
college, different jobs I've had...all of that kind of stuff.
I was thinking about it this weekend and I realized that I've only ever taken dates to two weddings. I took Kim Price to my cousin's wedding in
Fresno back in 1997, and I took this girl, Robyn McElliot, to a wedding in 1999. I like going to weddings...not just for the free food, but also because I think it's a great opportunity to catch up with people and see people you haven't seen in a long time and whom you might never see again. I've been in a lot of weddings, as well. I've been a groomsman seven times and an usher twice. This weekend, I was an usher and also had to do a reading during the service. The ceremony was an Episcopalian-Catholic hybrid. It was heavy on a lot of the liturgy, but was blessedly short compared to some of the other Catholic weddings I've been to. In July of 1999, a college friend of mine got married and his ceremony was a ninety minute mass. I think the ceremony this weekend clocked in at just under an hour.
The reception was a lot of fun, of course. It was held at the
Marbella Country Club in San Juan Capistrano. I'm pretty sure that I would never be allowed within a mile of that place under normal circumstances. There was a five hour open bar, of which I gladly took full advantage. My friend's dad owns a winery in
Lodi, so there was also lots of wine. After the reception, I was even able to take a few bottles home.
So, yesterday was Memorial Day, but I didn't partake in any festivities. I spent most of the day just lounging around the apartment at which I was housesitting. I went for a walk, as well. Somehow, I tweaked my knee up pretty bad last week so I can't really run at the moment. So, I'm opting to do the walking thing until my knee gets better and I can start running again.
For now, I'm just working on getting my room cleaned up from the sorry state that I let it sink to while I was busy with school.
Perhaps tomorrow I will regale you with wondrous tales. Until then, you'll just have to be content with this.