What I Do on Saturday
I think it's been quite a while since I've written a late night post. There was that period of time when all my posts were being written at like 4:00 in the morning, but that was largely related to my
school schedule. Most of my classes were at night, so I would get home from class and start doing work for school or other less productive things and then cry myself to sleep at about 5:00 in the morning, and then wake up sometime around noon and do it all again. Tonight I could probably sleep if I attempted to...of course, I'm a little skeptical about that, as I have just finished drinking a large
Code Red from
Taco Bell. It's possible that that might keep me up...although I'm not normally kept awake by caffeine unless I truly want to be.
Well, this is shaping up to be a busy weekend. I just got home from a graduation party in honor of Katie Pearson, who just completed her Masters at
Azusa Pacific University. The party was a little strange. There were a lot of people I didn't know there, as well as a few people I did know, but hadn't seen for quite a while. Also, Molly and Stephanie, from the Kosovo trip, were there...as well as another member of the Kosovo team who shall remain nameless. If you know me well, you know of whom I speak.
At any rate, the party was fun, but most of the people there were really tired for some reason. I guess none of us are sleeping all that much lately...we're all so busy with our important lives and stuff.
Later today I will be heading down to
Anaheim for the purpose of attending an
Anaheim Angels game. (As a side note, I almost wrote California Angels. I think I prefer them as the California Angels. However, since I'm a
Dodgers fan, I don't really care all that much.) So, why is a Dodgers fan going to an Angels game? Well, the entire outing is part of a daylong bachelor party for a friend of mine from
college, Ashwin Ramji, who is getting married on August 10. For those of you keeping track of such things, his wedding is the reason that I will be going to
Victoria,
BC, from August 6-11. After the game,we'll be having dinner down in Orange County, and then that will probably be the end of festivities. It's not going to be a typical raging
bachelor party like some of you are probably thinking.
Anyway...the other day, I went to
Vons to do some grocery shopping. It occured to me while I was placing my items on the conveyor belt that the casual observer might assume that I have children at home, as I was purchasing such items as
Cap'n Crunch and that Incredible Hulk chocolate syrup that makes your milk turn green when it gets angry. The sad truth is that I do not, in fact, have children; those items were purchased for my own use. Although I imagine that once I do have children I'll have to buy them healthy stuff. I guess I could continue to buy myself Cap'n Crunch and eat it in my bedroom so they can't see it and get all jealous because I get to eat it and they don't. Whiny little brats.