My Radiohead's on Straight
Last night I saw
Radiohead live at the
Hollywood Bowl and all I can say is...wow. That was one of the greatest live performances I have ever witnessed. The opening band,
Supergrass, was admittedly mediocre, but that only made Radiohead appear that much better. My seats were not nearly as good as they were for the
REM show a couple of weeks ago, but no matter...the show was incredible.
The setlist for the show was as follows:
1. 2+2=5 -
Hail to the Thief
2. Sit Down. Stand Up -
Hail to the Thief
3. Where I End And You Begin -
Hail to the Thief
4. Kid A -
Kid A
5. Backdrifts -
Hail to the Thief
6. Morning Bell -
Kid A/Amnesiac
7. My Iron Lung -
The Bends
8. I Might Be Wrong -
Amnesiac
9. Creep -
Pablo Honey
10. Sail to the Moon -
Hail to the Thief
11. Nude -
Unreleased song
12. Paranoid Android -
OK Computer
13. A Punch-up at a Wedding -
Hail to the Thief
14. Go to Sleep -
Hail to the Thief
15. The Gloaming -
Hail to the Thief
16. Idioteque -
Kid A
17. No Surprises -
OK Computer
18. There There -
Hail to the Thief
First Encore
1. You And Whose Army? -
Amnesiac
2. The National Anthem -
Kid A
3. A Wolf at the Door -
Hail to the Thief
4. Fake Plastic Trees -
The Bends
Second Encore
1. Airbag -
OK Computer
2. Everything in Its Right Place -
Kid A
The highlights of the setlist had to be My Iron Lung, Creep, There There, The National Anthem and Fake Plastic Trees.
At this point, I'd like to offer a heartfelt thanks to my new best friend Angelica Ochoa for inviting me to go along with her. I am forever in her debt.
Having learned from my previous outing at the Bowl two weeks ago that parking there just does not make economic sense, we decided to take the
subway from Hollywood and Vine to Hollywood and Highland, then walk to the Bowl. Not only did this save us a significant amount of money, it also meant that we did not have to spend the extra hour or so sitting in the parking lot waiting to get out. If you ever go to a performance there, I recommend this approach, as they charge nearly twenty dollars for parking at the Bowl.