*Cough, Cough*
I have been feeling quite ill all day. This is not a good thing. I mean this is REALLY not a good thing. Of all the weeks that I had to get sick why did it have to be this one? As I mentioned yesterday, I have seven papers and a midterm due this week, as well as a lesson on How a Bill Becomes a Law™. There's no way that I'll be able to get my much needed rest. I am currently in the middle of writing the second of my seven papers, and am hoping to finish the majority of them before going to sleep tonight.
This morning I woke up at about 7:00 with a rather painful sore throat that has remained consistently painful throughout the day. I took some Nyquil and then went back to bed and slept until about 2:00 in the afternoon. I've done my best to remain somewhat immobile throughout the day, although I have also been doing my best to try to get some of my work done. I finished one paper at about 8:00 tonight, just in time to watch this new show called 10-8. I've actually become quite enamored with that show, and am wishing that they would move it to another time since I am not normally home at that time and Tivo is normally busy recording something else.
I've often heard that during a teacher's first year in the classroom, he catches almost every disease imaginable due to the large number of germs and sick children floating around him. I'm beginning to think that there might be some truth to this, as I am just getting over a rather nasty case of pink eye and am now passing into whatever kind of illness this is. I'm sure that my immune system will eventually get caught up in order to defend me against the continual onslaught of infectious diseases. No doubt, once I have fought back malaria, ebola and juvenile diabetes, I will be safe from all afflictions. Until that time, however, I have just have to learn how to deal with it.