Just Blaine Stupid
Could somebody please explain to me what the hell is up with
David Blaine? I mean, he locks himself in a transparent box suspended over the Thames and starves himself for 44 days and now he says that for his next stunt he plans to jump from a helicopter at 110ft into a river, without a parachute. This guy used to be just a semi-entertaining street magician who pestered folks on the streets of New York...and now he's evolved into a pathetic attention whore.
Oooh, look at me, I'm standing on a flag pole.
Oooh, look at me, I'm being frozen in a block of ice.
Oooh, look at me, I'm starving myself for no apparent reason.
I wish he would just go away. Not that I'm hoping that his plunge goes awry or anything...that would be mean of me. But I really would like him to just shut-up. Is anybody really impressed with his shenanigans? I certainly am not.
At any rate...this coming Monday, I am scheduled to officially take over my class at
Kennedy High School for the remainder of the semester. I'm a little apprehensive about it, of course. The class I am taking over is, at this point, not doing too well. More than half of them are failing...they've got quite a bit of slack to pick up before the end of January.
I really wish my first student teaching assignment had been a subject other than government. The material is really not that interesting, and the kids are battling senioritis. So it's two strikes against me. My master teacher is really good, though, so I'm sure he'll help me get through it.
I've been pondering another question. Let's say I get through this student teaching and the credential program and all that and it turns out that, hey, I really hate this. Then what? Would all this time have been wasted? I'm not saying I'm going to hate it...I'm just kind of wondering what I would do then.
I guess I'd just have to lock myself in a box over the Thames for 44 days.