Auld Lang Syne
I suppose it would be rather untoward of me to let the month of December slip by without so much as a single post. Unfortunately, I'm not sure that I really have all that much to write about. I've been enjoying a rather uneventful winter break since December 17, which somehow just sort of slipped by with me barely noticing.
Christmas Eve and Christmas morning were spent at my brother's house in Corona Del Mar, and Christmas dinner was held at my sister-in-law's parents' house in Fallbrook. My parents were there as well, having flown over from Hawaii. While it was nice, I must confess that I am tired of experiencing holidays as a guest, rather than in my own or my parents' home. Consequently, I've developed somewhat of a humbug syndrome the last couple of years.
As a result, I've been entertaining the idea of skipping Christmas next year. Perhaps I could find some like-minded friends and convince them to make a brief sojourn to some foreign land with me. It would beat the hell out of spending hours at the mall searching for gifts for people and getting precisely jack squat in return.
In other news, I have officially passed my credential program, although I am not yet finished with my student teaching assignment. I must remain at the middle school until January 20, when their semester ends. It is admittedly somewhat difficult to continue on when I have already passed. But the program requires that I complete my obligation to the middle school, so that is what I shall do.
School starts up again on Monday. So, I've got to spend this weekend preparing for the next week. Hopefully I can remember where I left off. If I'm having trouble recalling what we did the week before vacation, I'm sure my students will have even more trouble doing just that.
Tonight, of course, is New Year's Eve. It seems to be somewhat more toned down than in past years. I didn't really even realize what day it was until around 1:00. So, I made a few half-hearted attempts to drudge up something to do. Turns out I'll be going to a party with
Shane and Jessica. I don't really know anybody who will be there except for them. Perhaps it will be entertaining.
So, that's all for now. I'll post again next year.