Eleventh HourIt's time, once again, for a last-minute post in an attempt to not let an entire month go by without writing something on this blog. I admit I am somewhat envious of those of you who possess the tenacity to update your weblog more frequently than I do.
Ok...not really. I just want to use the word tenacity.
At any rate, March was pretty uneventful, aside from discovering that most of my so-called friends were too busy going to "candle parties", weddings, or sitting at home doing nothing to come celebrate my 31st birthday with me.
A select few chose to forgo their other obligations and come help me celebrate. To those people, I extend a hearty thank you. To the rest of you who couldn't be bothered...well, I just hope that you can live with yourselves, knowing that your callous disregard for my feelings left me somewhat forlorn and crestfallen.
I've been quite exhausted as of late- due in large part to the vast amount of work that goes along with my current employment. As a longterm sub, I am expected to do most of the same stuff as real teachers, yet I am paid just a fraction of their salary. I am doing my best to look at it as gaining valuable experience and making a good name for myself in the district in which I'd like to work.
My exhaustion will soon be slightly alleviated when our spring break begins on April 8. It's actually a rather late Spring Break, considering that most schools have already had theirs. Still, at least it gives me something to look forward to.
For my Spring Break, I will be traveling to Hawaii to finally visit my parents. I think I definitely need the time away, as I have barely even left town since last August. For me, that is somewhat unusual.
I will, of course, have to post something from Hawaii, in order to expand the locations from which I have posted. I absolutely cannot, however, post from my parents' home. I'll have to find a local library or something. If they somehow found this page in their internet history, I'd have no choice but to delete the whole thing and never look back.