When It Rains, It PoursWell, I suppose you are all wondering how things are going at this point. As this was an intensely personal matter, all I can really say is that she returned home on Saturday and that everything is going to be fine. We both thank all of you for your thoughts and prayers.
So, now we are going to take another shot at having her come out here. We are shooting for October 27th, but that all depends on how nice her employer is. Her new job requires her to travel quite a bit, sometimes on a moment's notice. So, assuming that she can get her schedule clear, she will be out here next week. She asked her boss about it yesterday and he said that it didn't seem like it would be a problem...he just had to check with somebody else. I told her to inform him that if he does not let her come I am personally going to kick his ass. Somehow I doubt that she will actually relay that message to him, though.
The events of the past week were difficult for all involved, but things are once again on the upswing for us.
Nathan L. told me last night that all the cooing that takes place between us on this blog is sickening. It happens to the best of us though...even the most jaded cynic can fall in love.
It has been raining here in Los Angeles since Sunday evening which, of course, means that the freeways are a mess and that the students are pretty riled up. It can be slightly difficult to control a class when the lights are flickering on and off all day and the building is shaking from the sounds of thunder and rain pouring down on the roof.
Yesterday, at around noon, it was raining so hard that the sky was almost as dark as night. Kids would come in soaking wet, leaving puddles and mud all over the floor. The most annoying thing about all of it though...was the squeaking of the shoes. For some reason, when their shoes are wet, kids like to slide them around on the floor so that they make that piercing squeaking sound. It was enough to drive me insane, and it did at a few moments.
Overall, yesterday was just not the best day I have ever had. The events of this weekend had left me drained and I did not really want to be at work yesterday. The fact that it was Monday and pouring down rain only made matters worse.
Today, however, is going to be much better. At the moment, I am just waiting for Kelsey to pop up online so I can talk to her for a bit before heading off to work. She's a little late today, though.
Well, thanks again for all your thoughts and prayers. There are still a few more issues that need to be dealt with related to this but everything is fine, overall. Just keep praying for her, if you don't mind.