It's Been a While...A few of you may have noticed that I posted a blog entry last night and then deleted it early this morning. I have decided that this blog is not the appropriate forum for me to air all the details of my relationship with Kelsey. Like any couple, we have our ups and downs...and, like any couple, we don't really want all of our ups and downs to be aired in a forum where any Tom, Dick, or Harry can just stumble across them.
I am not deleting the earlier posts I made about us...those can stand as they are. And I will, of course, still talk about her, as she is an important part of my life (in fact, the most important part of my life.) And I will occasionally go on for several paragraphs about how truly amazing she is and how much I love her. But, that's something that just can't be helped. However, I don't think I'll write anymore posts of which the status of our relationship is the sole focus. So, all you really need to know is: Kelsey is my girlfriend, and we are moving forward. Oh...and she's also really hot. Now, mind your own beeswax.
Work is going well. I am getting reasonably adjusted to my first year of teaching and am having a lot of fun with it. I honestly never thought that I would like teaching middle school, but it is pretty fun. The key is not to take it too seriously. When you spend your days standing in front of a roomful of 12-year olds, one can't help but feel like a bit of a kid oneself. So, it does show up.
I have noticed an increase in the number of childish jokes I tell. As part of my first year of teaching, I am required to attend this course called BTSA, which meets every few weeks or so. Throughout most of the meetings, I sit in the back and make sarcastic, immature comments under my breath to this guy, Ron, who teaches sixth grade social studies. For example, while we were attending a day-long boring-as-all-hell eight hour session about Equity and Diversity in the classroom, the lady up front said something about how we would be required to keep a log of something-or-other. At this point, I muttered, "Heh...log." So, of course, Ron lost it and started busting up. The funny thing is, that's exactly the kind of thing I would have nailed a kid for doing in my class.
And I still have no idea what I was supposed to record in that log.