It's All Mine!Well, after five long years, I have finally made my last payment on my 2001 Honda Civic. I should be getting the pink slip in the mail any day now. Of course, once I have that pink slip, I'd better be careful...lest the cosmic forces that control the universe decide that me having a nice car that is paid for is not something they can allow.
It will be nice, though...not having to deal with a car payment anymore. Basically, I have had a car payment to worry about since 2000, when I purchased my Jetta that was destroyed in May 2002.
The car is a little worse for the wear, of course. But, it has a mere 79,000 miles on it and, aside from a few dents here and there, is still a decent little car. My plan now is to make it last as long as possible...drive it into the ground. And now that I have an extra 300 dollars a month, there's no end to the possibilities! Just think of all the
nerd ropes I can buy!
So, the summer continues to move along. Nothing too exciting. My good friend
Shane Ross, Professor of Stuff I Don't Understand at
Virgina Tech, is in town this week. It will be his chance to meet Kristy and judge for himself that she is as awesome as I say she is. (Incidentally, some of you have requested pictures of her. Well, if you click on the link to the left that says "My Pictures" you can see all the pictures you want.)
Well, I've got piles of laundry to attend to and some dishes to wash, so I'd best get to it.
Until next time.